Every homeowner wants to save money, and we have a solution for helping you do this: an energy audit! If you have been noticing your energy bills getting higher for seemingly no reason, talk to the professionals at Gold Star Insulation about a home energy audit!
What Is an Energy Audit?
Let’s start with the basics. Also called a home energy assessment, an energy audit is basically a series of diagnostic tests and analyses. They are designed to identify areas and ways your home overuses, or inefficiently uses, energy and how to remedy the situation. Common areas of inspection include locating air leaks, and checking if insulation levels are adequate (and attic insulation is one of the best ways to make your home more energy-efficient).
What Are the Benefits of Energy Audits?
A home energy assessment is advantageous in a number of different ways. No matter the size or age of your home, an energy audit can help:
- Save you money. An energy audit can help you drastically reduce the amount you pay for heating and cooling, all year round.
- Improve comfort. Finding air leaks can reduce the incoming allergens in your home and make your temperature control more accurate, making your home a better place to live! Additionally, adequate insulation assists in keeping down ambient noise pollution from outdoors.
- Increase home value. The energy efficiency of a home ties directly into its overall market worth, helping improve the resale value.
- Reveal issues. Your home may have mold problems or even water damage you never knew existed! An energy audit can find these and help you find ways to eliminate then, improving the safety of your home.
- Improve your “green” factor. Inefficient homes are a huge contributor to greenhouse gases!
Energy Audit Services and Solutions in the Sacramento Area
Think an energy audit might be just the solution for your Sacramento, California area home? We recommend getting one and seeing how useful it is! Contact the team at Gold Star Insulation today to learn more about our energy-saving services and options!