There’s nothing quite like a California summer. Unfortunately, the downside to that fantastic warmth and sunshine is that it can have some costly effects on your cooling bills.
A properly insulated space drastically affects the average seasonal heating and cooling costs for any homeowner. Poorly insulated homes will allow the external weather to penetrate the home and alter temperatures, making it more difficult to maintain a comfortable living. The recommended R-value, which is the measurement of insulation controlling heat flow, for an attic is 30. According to HVAC experts, improperly insulated homes can lose up to 20% of their conditioned air just through the attic.
Gold Star Insulation is the trusted installation expert that you need to properly outfit your California home or new building project with insulation that will last for years to come. To have your home assessed, give us a call at (916) 229-8445 or click here to contact us online.
Types of Insulation
There are lots of insulation methods on the market. Often it can be difficult to discern which type of insulation is the best fit for you and your home.
At Gold Star Insulation, we pride ourselves on the use of only the best products available. Here are a few of the styles that we offer:
- Fiberglass batting – The most traditional form of insulation, this insulation is made from small fiberglass strands that can be blown directly into a wall or installed as batting sheets.
- Rigid foam board – There are several options for this rigid foam board, some with reflective foil surfaces that help the sun’s energy reflected away from the exposed surface, making it the ideal solution for an attic.
- Spray foam – Made from polyurethane, this liquid insulation expands when it comes in contact with air. This makes it an ideal solution for sealing and insulating in small cavities and around piping or wiring.
- Cellulose insulation – This insulation is made from recycled paper materials, making it the most environmentally friendly option and is ideal for wall insulation.
- Radiant barrier – Radiant barrier insulation is the reflective foil barrier that can be applied to another insulating material to reflect sunlight instead of absorbing it — great for attics.
- Vinyl insulation – Vinyl insulation is a type of facing, often combined with fiberglass insulation. This cooling material helps to create a moisture barrier and is often used in metal structures like a warehouse or garage.
- Denim insulation – Made from almost 80% recycled materials, denim insulation is the best option for sound absorption as well as thermal regulating.
Our teams of insulation specialists, here at Gold Star Insulation, are happy to help you determine the insulation method that will produce the best performance results for you and your home.
Insulating Your Sacramento Home
If you are looking to optimize your Sacramento home or outfit your new construction project with the best insulation on the market, look no further than Gold Star Insulation. We offer a wide variety of insulation installing services for both new residential installations and retrofit projects.
Keep your California dream home cool during the summer days and call Gold Star Insulation at (916) 229-8445 or click here to contact us online for your free estimate today!