When was the last time you thought about your home’s insulation? Attics, wall cavities, and other areas of your California home can be sources of significant energy loss if there is inadequate insulation or—worse—no insulation altogether. If your home needs additional or upgraded insulation, denim insulation is certainly worth considering. Here’s what you should know.
What Is Denim Insulation?
Denim insulation is a high-performance insulation that offers a ton of immediate and long-term benefits for your home and family. This type of insulation is made from the scraps and clippings that are made during the manufacturing process of denim clothing.
Benefits of Denim Insulation Installation
Denim insulation installation offers a wide variety of benefits in both residential and commercial applications. This type of insulation can be used in various areas of your home including open roof rafters, between wall studs, and in ceiling joists to increase the efficiency and comfort of your home. Other benefits of denim insulation include:
- Lower Energy Costs – Denim insulation helps your HVAC system work smarter not harder as it maintains a comfortable temperature in your home. This means immediate savings on energy costs that will continue for years to come.
- Lower HVAC Maintenance Costs – Insulation made from recycled denim can help your HVAC system work more efficiently, reducing the amount of wear and tear on the internal and mechanical components of your system. This can also lengthen the lifespan of your HVAC system and reduces the potential for premature system replacement costs caused by excessive repair needs and catastrophic breakdowns.
- Increased Sound Suppression – Denim insulation features acoustic ratings that are up to 30% higher than other traditional insulation materials, increasing sound suppression and providing a quieter indoor environment for you and your family.
- Superior Thermal Performance – With excellent thermal performance, denim insulation reduces heat transference and helps to keep your home cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
- Eco-Friendly – With the use of post-industrial material, waste that would otherwise be destined for a landfill now has alternative uses. In addition, the manufacturing process for denim insulation requires less energy than traditional insulation materials like fiberglass.
- Improved Indoor Air Quality – Denim insulation doesn’t contain any formaldehyde or volatile organic compounds, which are known to off-gas and contribute to indoor air pollution.
- Enhanced Safety – denim insulation installation won’t irritate your skin or respiratory tract and requires no carcinogenic warning label for consumers. This product is also treated with an EPA-approved solution containing borate for a Class A fire-resistance rating. This rating means that your new denim insulation is effective against severe exposure to external fires, won’t contribute to the spread of fire, and isn’t readily flammable. Treatment with a fungal inhibitor offers enhanced protection against unwanted pests, mold, and mildew growth.
If you would like more information about denim insulation or are ready to get started on your insulation project, fill out our online form or call 916-229-8445 today!