At Gold Star Insulation, we treat our customers like family, insulating your homes and businesses in the Elk Grove area as if they were our own.
As a proud member of the Installed Building Products Family of Companies, we have one goal — to ensure indoor comfort and improve the energy efficiency of homes and buildings throughout the region.
We are committed to taking care of our customers through consistency, quality and safety.
Contact us online or call (916) 229-8445 today to learn more about insulation services in the Sacramento County area or schedule a free estimate!
Insulation Installation and Insulation Removal Services in Elk Grove
The Delta Breeze from the Pacific Ocean may not be enough to keep your Elk Grove home or business cool during the summer months, but it can cause an unusual drop in temperatures during the winter.
The Right Type of Insulation for Your Elk Grove Home or Business
Gold Star Insulation offers a variety of insulation products for your new Elk Grove residence, home retrofit or office building. We install:
- Batt and blown-in fiberglass: We offer loose-fill and batt fiberglass insulation, which has been used to insulate homes for decades. Fiberglass, made of tiny glass fibers, is frequently used to insulate attics, walls and crawl spaces.
- Blown-in cellulose: Cellulose insulation is environmentally friendly! It is made of up to 85% recycled material, thereby requiring less energy to make than other insulation materials. It can be installed in any area of your home or business.
- Spray foam: Spray foam insulation is applied wet and expands into thick foam. Typically made of polyurethane, it can be installed in crevices and hard-to-reach areas and help reduce air infiltration.
- Rigid board: Rigid board, also known as rigid foam insulation, can be made of polystyrene, polyisocyanurate or polyurethane and is the top choice for new home insulation.
- Radiant barrier: Radiant barrier is a type of reflective insulation material used in attics (under the roof) to help reduce cooling costs by reflecting radiant heat.
- Denim: Recycled denim insulation is a great alternative for thermally efficient and environmentally friendly insulation.
Contact us to learn more about what type of insulation product works best in your home or business.
Insulation for Existing Homes in Elk Grove
Re-insulating your existing home is essentially known as retrofitting. Retrofit insulation may be necessary when your insulation has settled over time, was improperly installed when your home was first built or when your home doesn’t have enough insulation and needs an upgrade.
Our retrofit insulation services can help you save money and live more comfortably all year long.
Signs your home may need more insulation include:
- Your energy bills are higher than normal.
- You’re experiencing drafts, especially near windows and doors.
- Your home has uneven temperatures from room to room.
- Your HVAC systems are running more than usual.
- Your home has an unusually warm second story.
- Your home has unusually cold walls and floors.
- You have ice dams on your roof.
In addition to re-insulating homes, we also offer residential new construction insulation. Our team can work with your home building team to help ensure your home is as energy-efficient as possible.
Attics need excellent thermal performance because it’s one of the home’s draftiest rooms. Its recommended R-value is R-38, which translates into 10 to 14 inches of insulation material. You can layer varied materials to fill up small, tough-to-fill nooks, combining spray foam and blown-in cellulose with fiberglass for optimal results.
Crawl Space Insulation
Your home is only as cozy as its flooring, so pay careful attention to your crawl spaces. The Department of Energy recommends an R-value of R-25 in regions with chilly climates. Blown-in cellulose, fiberglass batts and spray foam are popular options to fill tight spaces. We use CertainTeed for fiberglass insulators and Dow or THERMAX™ for spray foam.
Few rooms are as poorly insulated as garages. They’re often the reason for high utility bills, partly because they often share a wall with your home. Your garage door alone requires a minimum R-value of R-10, which can raise your garage temperature by an impressive 12 degrees in chilly mid-winter.
Garage insulation can also push up your property values, offering a return on investment of almost 100%. Walls and ceilings can benefit from reflective foil, foam and fiberglass insulation. Unlike crawl spaces, your garage materials need to contribute to the room’s aesthetic value. Pre-cut fiberglass and polystyrene panels are popular options.
Insulation Removal & Replacement
Heating and cooling account for 44% of the electricity spent on American homes, so your insulation is an important contributor to your monthly budget. Even so, no insulating product lasts forever. Foam and batts are prone to collecting moisture, so their insulating value is easily lost. If your insulation is infested with rodents, it’s time to remove and replace it. Gold Star Insulation will seal off your drafty spaces using the finest brands on the market.
If you’re ready to enjoy a cozier indoor climate, call 916-229-8445 or contact us online.
Commercial Building Insulation Services in Elk Grove, CA
Our commercial insulation installation allows your workspaces to be quieter, more energy-efficient, more comfortable and healthier, contributing to reduced costs and greater competitive advantage. Our expert insulation team collaborates with builders and contractors on insulation projects for commercial and office buildings, new construction and warehouses.
Benefits of Commercial Insulation
At Gold Star Insulation, we feel the top three benefits of insulating your commercial building include:
- Saves money by increasing the building’s energy efficiency
- Makes the building more comfortable year-round
- Reduces the building’s carbon footprint
When you’re ready to insulate your commercial or office building, we give free commercial insulation estimates to businesses throughout Elk Grove and the Sacramento area.
Call (800) 916-229-8445 or contact Gold Star Insulation online to start your free estimate on commercial insulation services.
Insulation Contractors in Elk Grove, California
When you need insulation installed in a home or business in Elk Grove, contact the team at Gold Star Insulation. We are among the oldest companies in the area to deliver top-notch work on time and with zero inconveniences. Why? Because, as a Certified Energy Expert™ contractor, Gold Star Insulation’s sales consultants and installation professionals are certified and extensively trained on the latest techniques and products in the industry.
If you’re looking for an insulation company serving Elk Grove, California, contact us today to let the Gold Star Insulation team put our experience to work for you!